Administrative Assistant I,
This is a full-time, 12-month AFSCME position in the Office of the Registrar.
Tour of Duty: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:15 pm
(Some evening hours required during peak times. Saturday and Sunday as days off.)
General Statement of Duties:
This position is one of a team of administrative assistants who support the activities of the Registrar's Office. The Customer Service and Office Support Specialist will assist with in-person, telephone, and e-mail customer service activities within the Registrar's Office. This position will perform all standard front counter activities, including course withdrawal processing, degree application submissions, transcript request processing, technical and policy questions, forms submission, and all other general inquiries. Telephone and e-mail support will involve working with students, faculty, department chairs, deans, administrative offices, and the public on issues relating to registration, graduation, grading, student records, and confidentiality. This position will assist in data entry and processing as needed; and will serve as part of the registration team during the weeks of and the weeks surrounding pre-registration and drop/add.
State Job Specifications are available in the Human Resources Office and/or the department web page: www.bridgew.edu/HR
- Provide exceptional customer service to and effectively communicate with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the general public -- in person, via e-mail and by telephone.
- Provide technical and other assistance to academic departments, faculty, deans, and administrative offices with questions relating to on-line registration, the grading process, academic policy, internal processes, and Banner/student database issues.
- Assist students with registration, transcript requests, degree applications, degree audit questions, enrollment verifications, and all forms and processes managed by the Registrar's Office.
- Enter data and process forms related to registration, grades, advisors, majors, withdrawals, etc., as needed.
- Perform related and/or additional duties as assigned.
- Initial assignment only. Subject to change according to institutional needs.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
This is an AFSCME unit position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- At least 2 years full-time or equivalent part-time office experience in office management or administration; or any equivalent combination of the required experience and substitutions as identified on the Administrative Assistant I classification job specifications.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing assigned unit activities.
- Must be detail, procedure and policy oriented.
- Ability to gather information through questioning individuals and by examining records and documents.
- Ability to assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to write concisely, to express thoughts clearly both orallly and in writing; and to develop ideas in logical sequence.
- Ability to establish positive and harmonious working relationships; deal tactfully with others.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of Banner
- Experience with other databases or software desirable
- Knowledge of higher education principles, practices, and policies
- Knowledge of a Registrar's Office operation
- Ability to work well under pressure in a very busy office, and effectively manage their own workload and time.
Items other than resume or letter of interest that applicants must submit
This position is subject to a back ground check.
All (Internal and External candidates)
Pay Rate (Applicant View)
$1,449.62 (Grade 15, Step 1)
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Application Types Accepted
Bridgewater State College - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard