Throughout its history, Mercy College has remained dedicated to its mission-to make available the transformational power of a college education. Mercy's commitment to quality, student support, and innovation, remains as strong today as ever. Mercy College is an independent, nonsectarian New York metropolitan area institution offering over 90 undergraduate and graduate programs. The College has an enrollment of more than 10,000 students from diverse backgrounds, across four campuses-Dobbs Ferry, Bronx, Manhattan, and Yorktown-plus a vibrant online learning community.
Mercy College is inviting applicants to apply for the position of Administrative Assistant. Under supervision, this position will provide academic and professional development to help support graduate students from diverse backgrounds within the Title V - Promoting Post Baccalaureate Opportunities for Hispanic Americans (PPOHA) Graduate PASS program. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative
support to faculty, staff, and administrators of the program for the accomplishment of grant goals and
Education Required or Min Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, Masters Degree preferred
Experience and/or Skills Required:
- Minimum 1 year of administrative or project support experience or equivalent in an academic environment
- Demonstrated accounting skills, especially with federal grants or equivalent
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication, problem-solving, organizational, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite especially Word and Excel, among others; willingness to train on other packages
- Demonstrated evidence of detail-orientation, customer service orientation, and ability to work independently with others in areas of responsibility
- Ability to read, write, speak English fluently and clearly
- Ability to travel between the four Mercy College campus locations from time to time as needed, though this position is based in Dobbs Ferry.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Electronic applications are required and must include a cover letter and resume. Please submit the above documentation online at https://jobs.mercy.edu
Mercy College actively engages in recruiting a diverse workforce and student body that includes members of historically underrepresented groups, and strives to build and sustain a welcoming and supportive campus community.
Mercy College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Mercy College - 14 months ago