Location: Juneau-Douglas High School
Full Time (1.0 FTE)
SUMMARY: Provides a full range of administrative support for a school, support function, or a program.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Organization and personnel of district functions and offices.
- Organization, policies and rules of assigned department or program.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Record keeping techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Applicable sections of State Education Code and other applicable laws.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities. A typical way to obtain these would be:
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Prepare reports by gathering and organizing data from a variety of sources.
- Operate a variety of modern office equipment including a personal computer and related software.
- Maintain a variety of files, records and logs including financial and statistical data.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
- Type approximately 60 wpm.
COMPENSATION: This is a full time 10-month position, working 37.5 hours per week, with a starting salary of $19.88 per hour. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) plan, and paid time off.
- High school diploma.
- Three years clerical experience with two years in a school district preferred.
- School district experience preferred
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints will be forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a criminal background check.
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.juneauschools.org/hr .
k12jobspot.com - 15 months ago