The Administrative Assistant provides support for the Associate Dean and the student-facing functions and academic services in the Graduate School of Education (GSOE). The position also supports the Assistant Director group in their academic advising activities including recruitment, advising, student orientations, retention activities, monitoring of student academic progress, graduation audits, oversight of waivers and transfers, and coordination of the academic advising file room.
- Provides regular administrative support and oversees and implements special projects as directed by the Associate Dean;
- Works with Associate Dean and with function planner on special student events, orientations, Open House, student government, etc.;
- Provides administrative support to the Assistant Director group;
- Collects data for preparation of revenue projections and prepares enrollment reports as requested;
- Assists in preparation of support materials for certification and accreditation reports or reviews
- Coordinates program and support materials for the advising function;
- Oversees the file room and student advising files; creates files for newly accepted students and updates advising materials; distributes advising files to faculty for student meetings and re-files after the meeting;
- Prepares materials for orientation and training of faculty advisors;
- Attends, takes minutes and actively participates in regular meetings of the Assistant Director group; and
- Provides administrative support and recordkeeping for monitoring of students on academic probation.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of administrative office experience.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to properly prioritize work and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in recognizing and responding appropriately to sensitive issues that may demand a high degree of confidentiality.
- A strong customer service orientation and the ability to effectively interact with both student and adult populations from varied educational, professional, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must be proficient in using the Microsoft Office software suite—i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint—and willing and able to learn new technologies such as the Colleague student information system.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS.
Grade 7: $32,710.74 - $45,140.55
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
Lesley University - 8 months ago