Provide professional administrative support to the Legal Department and Internal Audit. The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate reasonable progress toward attaining the knowledge and skills required to successfully advance to Administrative Assistant II.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Perform administrative review and editing of formal documents, presentations and reports.
• Format reports and correspondence for formal distribution.
• Maintain departmental records in compliance with Records Management and Retention Guidelines.
• Manage inter-company agreements; maintain matrix of agreements; coordinate with affiliate companies and accountants to annually update fee structure and draft amendments.
• Act as key contact for Company’s access to historical archives owned by parent company; maintains security of documents and ensures safe return.
• Assist in coordinating travel arrangements and preparing expense reports.
• Purchase department materials and supplies, renew memberships, and code invoices for timely payment.
• Perform general departmental organizational functions such as gathering data, filing, and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders.
• Convert hard copy documents to electronic storage format, maintaining relevant level of security on files, restricting access to sensitive information.
• Label and organize documents for efficient retrieval and future use; organize milestone/common calendars for contracts in Sharepoint.
• Collect and organize due diligence materials.
• Assist in preparation of schedules and exhibits.
• Prepare or obtain authorizations (e.g., resolutions, state licenses), instruments and documents as needed for purchase and sale transactions.
• Review files for documents relating to litigation; prepare responses to subpoenas and discovery; and prepares summary of findings for counsel.
• Track payments of specific litigation matters for submittal to insurance companies and counsel.
• Produce documents, draft correspondence, and respond to information requests for insurance coverage issues.
Internal Audit Support:
• Review and edit final Audit Reports and other formal communications with the Audit Committee and Company Management.
• Assist in organizing internal audit work-papers and final audit reports.
• Manage responses to formal audit action plans including corresponding with various levels of management, updating tracking worksheets and final dispositions.
• Assist in performing basic audit procedures ensuring documents or transactions are in adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Generate monthly reports from various company systems to assist in control monitoring activities.
• Effectively manage varied and multiple duties while providing accurate, timely, quality service in a cost-efficient, time-effective manner.
• Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality when handling sensitive information, and to work independently and handle time critical assignments at times with overlapping and competing deadlines.
• Attentiveness to detail is critical. Must be able to maintain concentration for extended time periods for researching historic and archived records and to track issues and facts through many decades.
• Excellent ability to organize and re-organize documents.
• Experience with database inquiries for file searching and organizing, including SharePoint, Excel and Word proficiency.
• Ability to review varied types of professional documents and presentations providing suggested revisions and edits for proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization
Qualifications – Required:
At least three years in an office environment providing administrative support. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint
2 Years post-secondary education
Qualifications – Preferred:
Administrative experience in Law Firm, Legal, or Audit Department.
Travel Required? No
Simpson - 23 months ago
Founded in 1890, Simpson is one of the oldest, continuously operating forest products companies in the Pacific Northwest. Today, Simpson...