POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the position is to coordinate and perform a variety of administrative activities and projects for the Assistant Director of Claims Operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
- Models ethical behavior and execute job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values and ethics policies.
- Compiles and analyzes data and researches and prepares complex reports.
- Composes and processes correspondence, charts and graphs and detailed presentations.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets, databases meeting minutes, various weekly reports and distributes reports to management team. Also, creates forms, manuals and meeting presentation material.
- Maintains calendars and arranges appointments; schedules itineraries meetings and makes travel and hotel reservations.
- Creates and maintains accurate computer and hard-copy files.
- Orders and distributes departmental office, cleaning and first-aid supplies.
- Maintains adjuster licensing records, appointments and renewals.
- Processes internal evaluation forms and coordinates with the Human Resources department.
- Creates, processes and keeps accurate records of departmental expense reports.
- Assists in conducting daily administrative activities and/or directing special projects or activities.
- Receives incoming mail and composes and signs replies to inquiries not requiring the personal attention of management.
- Composes and signs various letters and communications for management team when requested.
- Reviews, analyzes, and prepares drafts of memoranda and correspondence for administrative decisions and policies.
- Screens individuals and calls and assists them as necessary, or directs them to an appropriate source.
- Oversees and participates in the Rewards and Recognition Program. Coordinates special events pertaining thereto.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills, including Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project and PowerPoint.
- Ability to review data for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal appropriately with confidential information.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two or more years of experience as an administrative assistant to include meeting /travel planning experience. College education may substitute for experience.
- Four years experience as an Administrative Assistant in a corporate setting.
- Administrative experience supporting upper management.
- Meeting / Conference planning experience.
- Experience in property and casualty insurance claims operations.
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer. Ability to work in a highly energetic and flexible work environment. Position also requires the possibility of overnight travel.
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard