Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation's No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae helps turn education dreams into reality for 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, tuition insurance and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments.
Individual is responsible to handle the daily operations for executive level position. Routinely handles confidential correspondences and exercises a high degree of discretion and initiative. The individual will be given limited authority by the Sr. Director to meet all financial and project deadlines
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
- 1+ year of experience at Pioneer or equivalent corporate environment
- Individual must have proven ability in Word, advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Proven analytical skills along with information technology and finance knowledge are a plus.
- Individual needs to have experience in a fast paced environment.
- Associates degree preferred in administrative position or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and issues simultaneously
- High level of motivation: self starter, ability to quickly prioritize work, Flexible, Assertive\
- Professional Demeanor
- Dependable and a Team Player
- Excellent Proofreading Ability
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...