Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
• Provides administrative and some clerical support to the department of assignment.
• Functions with a moderate degree of independence, manages large to medium size projects, interacts effectively with all levels—both inside and outside the Company, sets priorities with minimal direction, manages confidential/sensitive materials, makes decisions of moderate importance in the absence of the Executive Director or Director, and may provide guidance to lower level administrative personnel.
• Screens incoming calls and correspondence; responds to general questions from internal and external customers independently when appropriate regarding area of responsibility.
• Maintains confidential and sensitive information including personnel files.
• Manages Executive Director or Director’s calendar, independently schedules appointments, and generates department calendar to relevant individuals.
• Arranges travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel related meetings; assists with preparation of expense reports in accordance with company requirements and procedures.
• Composes and edits letters, memoranda, reports and presentations; generates and revises correspondence and handles processing of a variety of reports and paperwork.
• May develop, coordinate and maintain relational database system to provide management with accurate project costs and product related information; ensures historical tracking and reporting of data and performance.
• Arranges programs, events or conferences by arranging facilities, caterer, multimedia systems, issuing information and invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budget.
• Assists with technical research report writing and coordination of assignments with management and external consultants.
• Provides guidance and training to secretarial and clerical personnel.
• Ensures project deadlines and performance standards are established and met.
• Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
• High degree of professionalism with external and internal contacts.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Administrative and secretarial practices and procedures for company executive officers.
• Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
• Pertinent Federal and State laws related to area of assignment and personnel.
• Business English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Advanced business and personal computer hardware and software applications.
• Supervision and training practices and methods.
• Current Company policies, practices and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
• Analyzing and troubleshooting problems, identifying solutions, recommending and implementing methods, procedures and/or techniques for resolution.
• Responding to sensitive and confidential inquiries from management, employees and regulatory agencies.
• Preparing and presenting complex management reports.
• Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Operating and maintaining scientific, business and personal database computer systems.
• Excellent mathematical proficiency.
• Managing multiple projects, duties and assignments.
• Directing, coordinating, delegating assignments and reviewing the work of assigned department personnel.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
: Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking, vision to monitor, and moderate noise levels. Work is performed in an office environment.
: High school diploma, and four (4) years of progressively responsible administrative support experience, preferably in pharmaceutical industry environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Associate’s Degree or college coursework preferred.
Watson Pharmaceuticals - 2 years ago