139596 - Wilton, CT
Overall, this individual handles a variety of situations involving the clerical or administrative functions of the office which often cannot be brought to the attention of the executive. The incumbent operates under general guidelines, using considerable judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations. Generally, applies to those associates reporting to an executive of the company or responsible for several managers/executives or departments simultaneously.
- Interprets and adopts guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents, and practices, which are not always completely applicable to changing situations.
- Assists in training of new administrative associates.
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the executive for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc.
- Reads publications, regulations, and directives and takes action or refers those that are important to executive and staff.
- Notes commitments made by executive or staff during meetings and arranges for implementation or staff follow up.
- Gathers appropriate data and prepares special or ad-hoc reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources. Prepares presentations using PowerPoint.
- Assists executive with administrative details, usually of a confidential nature. May include assisting in deduction resolution.
- Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and conducts visitors to employer or appropriate person.
- Reads and routes incoming mail.
- Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer.
- Composes letters and memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from knowledge of company policies or procedures.
- May take dictation in shorthand or by machine and transcribes notes or transcribes from voice recordings.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Files correspondence and other records.
- Maintains filing system.
- Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate official and places outgoing calls.
- Schedules appointments for executive.
- Assists in preparation of conference meetings.
- Keeps working lists up to date.
- May keep attendance and payroll records.
- High School Diploma with Associate's degree and/or formal secretarial or administrative training or certification (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Must have 5 years or more of secretarial and/or administrative assistant experience.
- Must have at least five years experience working for middle management or executive level.
- Must have excellent level of expertise in spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Must be able to type 60 wpm and be completely familiar with presentation software.
- Must present a consistently professional demeanor and be able to work in a highly visible position.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Acosta Sales & Marketing - 22 months ago
Acosta Sales & Marketing is a leading full-service sales and marketing agency providing outsourced headquarter sales, retail...