Position: Administrative Assistant IV (General)
Reports to: Program Director
Status: Full Time Non Exempt
Education: High School diploma or GED required, Training in work processing and other menu driven software and bookkeeping procedures also required
Experience: Three years' experience working in a multifaceted clerical/administrative capacity. Knowledge, skill, and experience in managing clerical bookkeeping systems.
Critical Action Items:
1. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system. Retrieves information from files when needed.
2. Manages purchase order system with tracking of receipts and invoices including contacts with vendors, contractors, suppliers and the Accounting Office. Input purchase order information into the purchase order log and ensure purchase orders are filed.
3. Provide feedback, evaluation, motivations, and direction to staff.
4. Manages petty cash fund for emergency purchases for the program.
5. Types and designs general correspondence, memos, charts, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling/grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
6. Oversees the maintenance of on-site personnel records in a confidential manner.
7. Maintain all necessary supplies for office use and inform supervisor of needed supplies and equipment repair.
8. Maintains accurate census reports for the International Shelter Program and distributes report daily.
9. Maintain billing files and reconcile payments received before forwarding the information to the accounting department.
10. Handle incoming calls from contractor for intakes and schedule
11. Place calls to contractor intake office regarding beds available on daily basis.
12. Maintain accurate statistics regarding length of stay, types of discharges and status of clients in care.
13. Sends in variance request to state licensing based on clients length of stay.
14. Perform special functions relating to the food program as they arise.
15. Ensure that all employees are re-checked every two years.
16. Performs special projects as assigned by the Program Director
BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern...