Requisition ID: 54877
Essential Job Duties:
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Organization: BSII
- Location: Reston, VA
- Grade: 22
- Closing Date: 3/7/2013
- Reviews incoming communications, work orders, and service requests for subject matter content and routes them to appropriate supervisor’s attention. Composes routine correspondence in response to requests for department services; answers inquiries from other departments, area offices, or outside entities.
- Assists in the planning, editing, proofreading and production of proposals. Coordinates input of data from technical and non-technical sources.
- Reviews deliverables of assigned staff and monitors quality to ensure that all documents conform to established standards and procedures.
- Supports proposal production, including electronic files, printing and assembly of proposals, and packaging and shipment. Coordinates with all proposal departments.
- Processes BCard monthly reports and Concur travel expense reports.
- Arranges or coordinates travel for staff, using in-house vendors according to established procedures.
- Extracts data from reference material, either semi-technical or non-technical in scope. Compiles, analyzes, and prepares or helps prepare information for studies or reports, such as organization planning, charts, graphs, and work load forecasts. Accesses Bechtel databases, including Bechtel Resume System, to retrieve documents.
- Orders basic office supplies and printing and production supplies.
- Organizes material for meetings, presentations, and training sessions. May operate a variety of audiovisual equipment in the presentation of programs, orientation, and conferences.
- Performs labor reports by job charge number and provides reports as requested.
- May implement records management program. Maintains files of various historical data.
- Assists in cross-training other personnel in professional or discipline-specific skills, techniques, and procedures.
- Maintains security badge log and is accountable for badges.
- Maintains proposal center library.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree, In Lieu of degree 6 years of related experience
- Must be a US Citizen or be able to work and remain in the US without sponsorship
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills.
- Knowledge of technical vocabularies and terminology common to the assignment
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative functions, including budget and financial functions
- Basic skills in training and supervision of personnel
- Ability to develop and analyze information for studies and reports
- Advanced knowledge of software applications, for business writing, creating spreadsheets with mathematical functions, and enhancing presentation reports
- Must be able to demonstrate basic to intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. “A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.”
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s organizational structure, functions and procedures.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 17 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...