About Banner Health
Banner Health is a comprehensive, award-winning health system that includes 23 hospitals in seven western states (twelve in Arizona), primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. We offer a choice of nursing career paths where you can leverage your abilities to make a real difference for your patients – and real change in the health care industry!
This position supports a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Corporate Senior Management Team (SMT) members, a senior director, or member(s) of facility senior leadership teams by providing clerical and administrative services and assistance, of moderate complexity, requiring the use of judgment and discretion on a periodic basis. This position may also support other SMT members or senior directors as needed.
- Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office, which often can not be brought to the attention of the executive. This includes summarizing the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist their supervisor; coordinating the new information with background office sources; and drawing attention to important aspects or conflict.
- Interprets request and helps implement action, as well as decides whether the executive should be notified of important or emergency matters, as needed. In the absence of their supervisor, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
- Coordinates, handles, and/or completes recurring projects or one-time projects, as directed by supervisor.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors, ascertaining who can be redirected to subordinate management. Provides information to callers, including key internal or external sources, which requires comprehensive knowledge of organization policies, practices and operations.
- Maintains supervisor's calendar, regularly arranging meetings, conferences, and appointments without clearance. Arranges hotel and travel accommodations for frequent, extended trips.
- Prepares special or one time reports, presentation materials, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources. May assist in the research, analysis and interpretation of data under the direction of management.
- Performs a broad range of administrative support details on a regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions for which probable errors may have moderate effect on cost impacts on organizational outcomes.
- May hire, train, conduct performance reviews, and direct the workflow for the department staff. This includes completing projects by assigning work to clerical staff and following-up on results.
High school diploma or equivalent and a strong working knowledge of administrative/specialized business support services as normally demonstrated through three to four years administrative support experience at a progressively responsible level required.
Must have written communication skills to edit and proofread business correspondence and reports. Also requires the ability to type accurately and efficiently from rough draft and machine transcription or personal dictation, involving standard business vocabulary, using common word processing programs. Must have the ability to acquire and utilize a thorough knowledge of organization policies, practices, and operations and oral communication skills to perform routine administrative details, such as arranging meetings, responding to non-routine inquires from telephone callers or visitors, and gathering background information for sensitive or confidential reports. Must have the ability to analyze routine administrative details of limited complexity, such as resolving minor scheduling conflicts, redirecting mail, etc. Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of the organization. Must possess the ability to convey a professional image, as well as, effectively represent the organization as appropriate in its relationship with external customers. Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages to perform the administrative functions described above.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
- 19 months ago - save job