Performs a variety of office secretarial and general clerical support duties, usually following well-established policies, procedures, and methods. Assignments can be in instructional or administrative areas, but are usually where there are more senior level support positions.
The position requires a High School diploma and at least 2 years of general clerical, data entry, filing, and production keyboarding experience.
A temporary administrative assistant substitute pool is established to insure the needs of the various district offices are maintained during the absence of regular staff.
* Answers a multi-line telephone for a work team and serves as. Answers common inquiries, makes appointments, and provides information concerning standards, procedures and programs. Assesses the nature of calls and refers them to appropriate College resource or outside agency.
* Completes daily data entry of business transactions (e.g., deliveries, purchase orders, printing orders, forms, etc.). Enters data onto established data entry screens.
* May assist others in the development of correspondence, flyers, or brochures using common word processing software.
* Collects information as requested to support special data requests by others. May prepare standardized reports.
* Compiles data for mailing and contact lists, etc., by keyboarding information onto established formats. Retrieves inquiries from electronic regular mail, entering pertinent data for mail lists and forwarding information for action by others.
* Greets walk-in visitors, determines their needs, then either routes them to the appropriate person or service or personally completes the request or transaction.
* May receive and account for money paid by others for items such as fees.
* Establishes and maintains files as directed.
* Orders, receives, shelves and distributes supplies and materials.
* Types, duplicates, counts, and distributes routine documents from written copy or notes. Assembles, collates and prepares written materials for distribution. Delivers and picks up a variety of forms and materials from staff, students, or the other departments.
* Prepares documents from established formats such as those used by faculty, and routine communications for administrative purposes.
* Compiles information onto established formats and maintains a variety of records to support regularly recurring reports that are prepared for administration and external agencies.
* Contacts other departments and outside agencies to locate information and/or services not provided by the department
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Education & Experience:
- Experience as an administrative secretary or assistant - 2 year mimimum documented experience
- Experience using computers and office software such as Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, online databases, the Internet
- Effective written communication skills and experience composing routine correspondence which is primarily through email
- Experience working with, and maintaining accurate records, files, and confidential documents
- Experience monitoring and tracking a budget
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Experience taking direction and possibly providing work direction to others
- Experience performing extensive filing with different filing systems
- Experience working with a variety of levels of management
- Experience working in an institution of higher education (college, trade school or university)
- Experience with customer service (or student service)
- Experience multitasking and performing in an environment with frequent interruptions
The following must be submitted online for a complete application packet:
1) Completed Lassen College Online Application ( click "apply" at the top of the page ).
2) Personal cover letter stating reason for interest in position.
3) Current resume outlining education, related experience, preparation, and achievements.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide a complete application packet with required attachments for each position.