What We’re Looking For:
The Administrative Assistant will provide back office functional support to the Academic Credentialing Manager and Application Coordinator team. Responsible for document management, student ID updates, applicant status maintenance, mail processing and reporting. He/she will organize all aspects of these and other duties and be able to report on them as needed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Creating files for new applicant transcripts.
- Adding documents to existing student records accurately.
- Ensure that files are up-to-date with the appropriate documents and in proper order in the correct program file.
- Open, sort, and stamp documents that come in through the mail.
- Scan documents into the appropriate electronic files.
- Update university assigned student ID’s as needed.
- Update start and submit records accurately and provide daily reporting by program.
- Retrieve files for counselors as requested for review in the App Coordinator Area.
- Send lacking items emails to students as directed by the Application Credentialing Manager.
- Purging hard copy transcripts for admitted, denied and enrolled students after each cohort start, packaging and shipping to appropriate university partner.
- Periodic sweep of files for quality assurance purposes.
- Update program calendars, daily stats and other duties as assigned.
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2 – 3 years experience working in a service-oriented, administrative role in an office or file room environment.
- Organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to work quickly and accurately when filing and scanning.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF).
- Previous experience with Salesforce, Docusign, Apply Yourself and File Sharing systems is a plus.
- Able to multi-task and see assignments through to completion.
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
About 2U, Inc.
- Excellent verbal skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, collegial and concise manner.
- Excellent prioritization skills.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Ability work and contribute in a team environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with reasonable notice to meet the needs of the business.
2U partners with top-tier universities to deliver rigorous, selective graduate degree and undergraduate for-credit programs online. Founded in 2008 by John Katzman and a team of education veterans, the company provides universities with the technologies, infrastructural support and capital they need to transform their on-campus programs into high-quality, web-based programs. 2U is one of the highest-funded education technology start-ups in the United States. 2U has partnered with prestigious colleges and research universities to deliver the following groundbreaking online programs:
- USC Rossier Online: Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Arts in Teaching –TESOL and Master of Education in Advanced Instruction from the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education
- MSW@USC: Master of Social Work (MSW) from the University of Southern California School of Social Work
- Nursing@Georgetown: Master of Science degree in Nursing from Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies
- MBA@UNC: Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School
- MPA@UNC: Master of Public Administration (MPA) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Government
- @WashULaw: Master of Laws (LL.M.) in U.S. Law from Washington University School of Law
- MPH@GW: Master of Public Health (MPH) from the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services
- International Relations Online: Master of Arts in International Relations from American University’s School of International Service
- Semester Online: For-credit undergraduate program through a consortium of leading colleges and universities
And if you’re ready to help our team ( www.2U.com/team ) build the next great movement in higher education, consider joining us.
Why It’s Great to Join Our Team
Our Mission – Transforming & disrupting higher education
Our Culture – We are a highly energetic, innovative high growth company. We don’t take ourselves too seriously…we have a no asshole policy. We strive to maintain a casual, professional and highly productive work environment for our team. 2U employees enjoy many perks, including the ability to wear jeans to work every day.
Benefits – at 2U we offer a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and 401k. We also offer paid time off and company holidays. That’s not all! Full-time employees receive a 100% paid tuition benefit for themselves, their spouse and their legal dependents.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
2U, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U, Inc.'s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.
2U - 15 months ago