APS Healthcare provides health services to our member populations, with the goal of improving the health of those we serve. We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant based in our Charleston, WV office.
The Administrative Assistant provides a broad range of administrative support to a team, department. The position supports office employees with day-to-day office functions, training and clinical support functions (e.g. data entry and report tracking). This individual performs functions to support external customer access to APS staff and services. Performs special projects as required as well as other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
• Day to day office functions including maintaining correspondence, training and clinical files; preparing and mailing correspondence; schedule appointments and meetings as directed; assist with data entry and compiling monthly, quarterly and annual reports required to meet contract specifications; direct calls appropriately, and; ensure timely and proper handling of all confidential, classified, private or sensitive material.
• Track daily and weekly department activities and complete appropriate tracking reports; prepare and send out correspondence related to department activities (e.g. notifications, reports etc.), and; data entry and import of information required for reports and notification.
• Provide assistance with managing providers in and out of network by entering new providers in the database; preparing notifications of actions; scheduling training sites; prepare, store and post training materials as appropriate; set up secure e-mail accounts for providers to receive reports, and; track and monitor provider receipt of reports and correspondence.
• AA degree or equivalent work experience required.
• At least 2 years of office experience required, preferably in a healthcare setting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheets, in MS Office and/or NT environment. Data entry experience in a wide variety of platforms.
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Proficient in use of office equipment, including fax machines and copiers.
• Excellent phone etiquette.
• Customer service driven.
APS Healthcare - 18 months ago