ALLIED PROFESSIONAL NURSING CARE, INC.
REPORTS TO: Administrator/Director of Patient Care Services
A. POSITION SCOPE
1. To provide support to administrative and nursing departments and quality and safe delivery of home
health care services.
2. Perform a wide variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical duties for the Director and other staff
who report to the Director, relieving them of a variety of clerical and routine administrative duties.
3. Prepare and maintain a variety of records and files and maintain confidentiality of privileged and
B. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience in home health care or related public health care field preferred.
2. Extensive knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
3. Advanced computer skills, knowledge and execution of MS Office Suite and any and all software packages pertinent to specified job duties. Ability to research the Internet for company business.
4. Use and troubleshoot various office equipment: computers, scanners, fax, copiers and telephone systems.
5. Accurately comprehend and provide oral and written information, deal with difficult dictation, perform difficult typing duties and administrative ability.
6. AA or BA in business related major preferred and performance of duties at a responsible level.
C. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. The ability to accurately perceive sounds, near/far vision, and depth perception is required.
2. Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting, extensive bending and standing.
3. Ability to deal effectively with stress.
NOTE: Responsible accommodations may be made by the Agency to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
D. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES & STANDARDS 1. Clerical revisions and updates of forms and lists.
a. Performs physician licensure verification checks and maintains a current physician list.
b. Organize patient forms, admission and re-certification packets.
c. Clerical updates of: patient census, discharge list, referral log and case manager list.
d. Updates patient monthly visit calendars and insures mailing.
e. Mails patient satisfaction surveys on a quarterly basis.
f. Updates monthly on-call calendar for clinicians.
g. Prepare nurses notes packects and maintain adequate copies of packets.
h. Check all supply of forms on a weekly basis.
2. Responsible for insuring all computers are operational and functional for staff to implement organizational duties.
a. Operate a computer to enter and retrieve data, maintain records and utilize word processing, spreadsheet, database and other software required by position.
b . Educate and help staff with computers, printers, software programs, etc.
c. Proactively plan for company computer telephone resources.
d. Ensures the smooth operation of all office equipment by contacting individuals for maintenance and repair.
e. Orders, stocks and inventories office, printers, computer supplies and forms.
3. Responsible for coordinating flow of information to and from different departments.
a. Coordinates interagency communications by answering the telephone calls in a cordial and professional manner. Observes rules of telephone courtesy in communication with families, patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
b. Promptly sorts incoming mail for distribution in conjunction with Administrator
c. Promote a cooperative working environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building concepts.
d. Assist with any and all job duties and assigned tasks.
e. Perform reception duties and greet all persons in a cordial professional manner.
f. Insures all telephone messages are given to the appropriate department in writing.
4. Attends mandatory inservices including: Fire and Safety.
a. Understands and participates in the Companys Performance Improvement/Risk Management Plan as requested.
b. Assumes responsibility for keeping informed about Company policies by attending personnel
updates and reading memos.
c. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records.
4. Insures that the office has adequate supplies for the conducting of business.
a. Check inventory of office supplies on weekly basis
b. Order supplies on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
c. Receives supplies and checks the invoice and the order form for accuracy
d. Insures FAX machine has
e. Insures the copier has extra toner and paper supply
Must be bilingual (Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity (M/F/V/D)
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago