Save Lives. Fulfill Yours.
As the largest voluntary health organization, the American Cancer Society is passionately committed to saving lives from cancer. They are working to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays – a world where cancer never steals another year from anyone’s life. The ACS combines relentless passion with the wisdom of nearly a century of experience to make this vision a reality, and they get results. The ACS saves lives by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and fighting back. Thanks in part to this work; nearly 12 million cancer survivors and countless others who have avoided the disease will celebrate a birthday this year.
Staff have a unique opportunity to save lives through direct mission impact while fulfilling personal and career objectives. The American Cancer Society values accountability and high performance and rewards those teams and team members who continually improve their capability and contribution. The American Cancer Society is also dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce to help achieve our mission.
This position provides customer servce and adminstrative support to area, state and division staff as related to special projects, a vareity of workrequest and other special needs to ensure organizational success.
• Provides customer service to staff in offices, areas, states and departments in regards to ordering, processing of work requests, and special needs.
• Provides administrative support to Offices or Departments as necessary for the
• efficient and effective day-to-day operations.
• Effectively researches, collects, organize and disseminate information in a timely fashion.
• Assists assigned staff with support as requested, which may include, but is not limited to travel arrangements, processing of payment requests, updates to systems and databases, etc.
• Assists with assigned meetings/conference calls in handling registrations, logistics, minutes, reminders and other related duties.
• Orders office supplies as directed and manages large mailings.
• Prepares correspondence, memos, reports and other written materials.
• Assists office volunteers in office-related tasks.
• Assists in creating documents and materials utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes as well as other databases specific to the Division.
• Answers phone inquiries and routes calls to appropriate staff.
• Prepares simple analyses of requested information or data.
• Follows procedures for tracking projects to ensure completion.
• Ensures all communication to both internal and external customers is conducted in a professional manner.
• Assists with the recruitment and training of office volunteers as requested.
• Processes all income per ACS Guidelines.
• Ensures invoices are processed in a timely manner.
• Alerts facilities management when appropriate to ensure facilities are maintained.
• Maintains petty cash as necessary
• Assists with meeting logistics and operations.
• Makes business based decisions; maintains complete and updated files and records in accordance with standards of the Division, submits timely and accurate reports; meets timelines, follows through; apprises supervisor of status; provides viable & innovative solutions to problems; attends meetings/trainings, adheres to approved policy/procedure, represents the organization in a professional manner.
• Maintains and orders adequate inventory of American Cancer Society materials as requested.
• Ensures the memorial program procedures adhere to ACS guidelines.
• Ensures all safety guidelines and emergency procedures are followed according to ACS guidelines.
• Processes requests for ACS literature and materials in a timely fashion.
• Assist the public with requests for wigs, prostheses, bras and other patient service materials as necessary.
• Proactively and assertively addresses issues as they arise.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School graduate with a minimum of two years of administrative work experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with staff team, volunteers, other organizations, community leaders and the public at large.
• Intermediate skills on Windows-based PC and Microsoft applications.
• Reliable transportation required
Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Establishes effective working relationships with diverse individuals and communities, as appropriate.”
• Provides effective verbal/written communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with others
.• Read, write & basic math skills
• Remains composed under stress, handles self in a professional manner at all times and takes personal responsibility for delivering on personal and organizational commitments.”
• Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused manner.
• Ability to work independently with minimum direction.
• Ability to coordinate and implement multiple responsibilities, projects and priorities.
• Acts in the best interest of the organization and enhances the image of the American Cancer Society in the public eye.
• Utilizes available technology to perform position responsibilities.
• Lift and carry at least 25 pounds
• Available for overtime as needed
• Working knowledge of email use
• Typing proficiency of 50 WPM
• Ability to handle multi-line phone system
• Experience using Lotus Notes
• Ability to operate general office equipment
• Ability to get along with coworkers and others
• Attends work on a consistent, continual and punctual basis
• On occasion travel by air or car within division
• Ability to work in an outdoor environment
ACS is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities.
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major...