As the largest voluntary health organization, the American Cancer Society is passionately committed to saving lives from cancer. They are working to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays – a world where cancer never steals another year from anyone’s life. The ACS combines relentless passion with the wisdom of nearly a century of experience to make this vision a reality, and they get results. The ACS saves lives by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and fighting back. Thanks in part to this work; nearly 12 million cancer survivors and countless others who have avoided the disease will celebrate a birthday this year.
Staff have a unique opportunity to save lives through direct mission impact while fulfilling personal and career objectives. The American Cancer Society values accountability and high performance and rewards those teams and team members who continually improve their capability and contribution. The American Cancer Society is also dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce to help achieve our mission.
Provides routine administrative and clerical support to Parkersburg,WV Community Managers and supports daily functions of the office. Provides administrative support for area events and CRC's.
Performs a variety of routine tasks including:
- Compiling and entering data, Preparing event materials / ordering materials and Processing income and coding expenses 50%
- Welcome guest over the phone and in person, Work with Volunteers on projects as needed, Assist patients / hospitals / and general public with cancer materials, Sets up and maintans records and files. 25%
- Performs other duties as assigned 25%
General office or administrative work experience preferred.
Advanced skills on Windows-based PC and Microsoft applications
Critical skills required include customer focus, organizing and coordinating, interpersonal communication, and teamwork/internal partnership.
Must be able to maintain confidential information.
Strong communication skills with remote/virtual staff, not just in office staff.
Knowledge of Lotus Notes, Lawson, Society Mart, Siebel are preferred but not required.
Microsoft Office including Word 2010, Publisher 2010, Excel 2010, Windows, Internet Explorer and all office publications.
ACS is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities.
- Lift and carry at least 25 pounds
- Reliable transportation required.
- Read, write and basic math skills
- Typing proficiency of 50 wpm
- Working knowledge of email use
- Ability to operate general office equipment
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment
- Ability to get along with coworkers and others
- Ability to handle multi-line phone system
- Attends work on a consistent, continual and punctual basis
- Available for overtime or weekend work as needed
- Ability to travel within region and sometimes inside/outside the Division
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with staff team, volunteers, other organizations, community leaders and the public at large.
- Remains composed under stress; handles self in a professional manner at all times and takes personal responsibility for delivering on personal and organizational commitments.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused manner.
- Ability to coordinate and implement multiple responsibilities, projects and priorities.
- Provides effective verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with others.
- Utilizes available technology to perform position responsibilities.
- Manages resources effectively and efficiently ensuring good stewardship of donor dollars.
- Applies and follows American Cancer Society policies and guidelines.
- Provides high quality customer service, both internally and externally.
- Establishes effective working relationships with diverse individuals and communities, as appropriate.
- Acts in the best interest of the organization and enhances the image of the American Cancer Society in the public eye.
- Completes work in a timely and efficient manner and ensures work is accurate.
American Cancer Society - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major...