Reports To: Manager, Academic Administration
Location: Charles Town, WV
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Posted: March 6, 2013
Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The Administrative Assistant will perform administrative and other duties as assigned for the Dean and team members in one of the seven schools at American Public University System (APUS) as well as Academic Administration. The ideal candidate must have strong research, organizational, and computer skills coupled with excellent interpersonal communication abilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Coordinates meetings, provides agenda support, compiles comprehensive meeting minutes, provides follow-up action lists, and files documents.
- Formats and edits various documents and databases.
- Maintains files related to specialized accreditations, advisory councils, state-approved status, and others as needed.
- Prepares presentation materials for briefings and meetings for the Dean and other team members.
- Runs various system generated reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepares and maintains documentation binders required for external and internal constituents.
- Tracks the school calendar, tasks and conferences by faculty, directors, and team members.
- Supports preparation of documents and meeting logistics for program reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, stand and walk regularly and to occasionally lift up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to acquire information and organize it in an efficient manner.
- Strategic thinking skills: flexibility in regards to change and innovation.
- Strong service and student orientation.
- Ability to work as part of a team, interacting with staff and faculty across the University.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, critical thinking ability and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and complete tasks under short notice.
- Attention to detail and is able to work with large amounts of information and use effective and creative approaches to present and track the information.
- Ability to plan and monitor for results.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum three years in an executive support or administrative management position.