Education: High School or equivalent. Ability to become proficient with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Experience: Minimum 6 months – 2 years work experience in a professional office environment, including administrative volunteer experience.
Management Experience: N/A
Skills and Abilities: Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. Responds promptly to customer needs. Listens and gets clarifications. Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Uses time efficiently. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Works with integrity and ethically. Maintains confidentiality.
Travel: May involve work in the field.
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross Cincinnati Region is searching for candidates for Administrative Assistant in the Lawrenceburg, IN Chapter Office.
The Administarive Assistant will Support the day-to-day operations of a Chapter program or service. Serve as the initial point of contact between the service or program and others.
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential including sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
1. Provides administrative and clerical support including answering telephones, routing incoming calls, process mail, and customer service.
2. Responds to general inquiries about program or service.
3. Schedules and coordinates requests for presentations and trainings.
4. Collects preliminary client information and refers client to appropriate Red Cross and community services.
5. Resolves routine problems as they arise and bring non-routine problems to the attention of program or service management/leadership.
6. Processes requests for presentations to community individuals and groups.
7. Monitors and maintains program supply and equipment inventory, including program or service printed materials.
8. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expected that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
9. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout
Chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA and M/F/D/V.
American Red Cross - 11 months ago
A specialist in dealing with events beyond its control, The American National Red Cross offers disaster relief, shelter, and other humanitar...