BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Accountable for providing secretarial and administrative support to the Regional Director and staff at the Northeastern New York office. Coordinates office activities with volunteers and staff for fundraising and program. Works independently with minimal supervision.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Meets and greets outside visitors, answers telephones, accountable for bulk mailings, recordkeeping and works closely with outside vendors. Drafts general correspondence and enters data into Team Approach and Kintera donor databases.
- Provides support for donor cultivation activities and special events. This includes, but is not limited to data entry, communicating with staff and event participants as well as volunteers and organizes front end reception area for all events.
- Maintains donor files, donor mailings and follows up as required. Contacts event participants and forwards meeting notices and keeps attendance. Maintains and prepares guest lists and tracks advertisements for all events.
- Coordinates and directs the volunteer staff. Recruits and trains office volunteers to fulfill memorial donation requests and assists in preparing mailings. Administers memorial donations, matching gifts, and Federated giving.
- Assists in the preparation of all financial reporting and recordkeeping. Handles and processes all daily income and prepares and coordinates all backup documentation.
- Communicates Arthritis Foundation’s mission and objectives to the public and responds in a timely manner. Performs all responsibilities that require knowledge of chapter activities and understanding the foundation’s operations and procedures.
- Coordinates and reports chapter’s monthly payables to the Regional Office.
- Distribution and collection of Regional Documents, when appropriate
- Provides administrative support to the development staff and attends events as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by his/her management.
High School Graduate.
2 – 3 years of related administrative and secretarial experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and Outlook.
Knowledge of Kintera is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to work independently and interface with all levels of staff
- Ability to multitask under strict deadlines
Anyone interested in applying for this position should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Administrative Assistant" as the subject.
Arthritis Foundation - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard