An Administrative Assistant is charged with providing clerical support to assigned department by using administrative systems, procedures and policies and monitoring and completing various administrative projects. In this capacity, the Administrative Assistant will be charged with supplying administrative support to assigned management members, including but not limited to the creation of proposals and presentations in accordance with BDO standards.
External Job Description - Essential Duties/Functions
- Schedules and coordinates meetings for partners, and management team for multiple locations within the region
- Produces metric reports and charting based on minor analysis and data provided
- Drafts and proofs engagement letters to clients
- Processes, assembles and sends tax returns and financial statements to clients
- Performs a variety of coordinator duties, which may be complex and confidential
- Greets candidates and clients, answers telephones, take messages, and responds to general questions regarding the work of the department
- Coordinates international and domestic travel arrangements, including but not limited to travel itineraries, agendas, visas, passports, documentation for foreign travel, and expense reports
- Manages mail with attention to due dates and actions required
- Produces a variety of materials including but not limited to letters, memoranda, interoffice communications, confidential presentations and reports
- Attends meetings and conferences, as required and takes meeting notes; assists in conference and meeting management Provides reception and office services relief, as needed, which includes but is not limited to . sorting mail, filing, and stocking kitchens,
Additional duties an Administrative Assistant may perform:
- Scans and saves workpapers submitted by clients
- Manages and monitors GoFileRoom
- Assists Office Administrator with obtaining coding and approval for vendor invoices
- Processes and mails client invoices
- Works with management to set up client billings
- Participates in proposal and presentation preparation and processing from RFP review and engagement team planning to production of proposal materials through oral presentation deliverables
- Maintains Business Development contact lists
- Leverages appropriate firm tools, templates and resources so that deliverables accurately reflect the firm’s corporate visual identity
- Gathers content on prospective clients and current firm credentials from key contributors
- Edits, produces and distributes final deliverables
- Prioritizes and works independently or with minimal supervision
- Other duties as required; may include but are not limited to assisting management with a variety of administrative tasks
External Job Description - Qualifications
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three (3) or more years of administrative experience in a professional services firm
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects / tasks with an attention to detail
- Advanced or expert in computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Experience in Peoplesoft database recommended.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including superior grammar, spelling, and punctuation that enable the incumbent to work with top level management and other executive level clients.
- Possesses superior customer service skills. Displays independent judgment, finesse and diplomacy in all situations
- Consistently seeks to improve processes
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented that enable efficient and effective multi-tasking.
- Capable of managing highly confidential information.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management as well as outside external clients
- Team player who is willing to help out as needed
BDO has over 90 years of experience providing value-added assurance, accounting, tax and advisory services to a broad range of clients...