An Administrative Assistant is charged with providing clerical support to assigned department by using administrative systems, procedures and policies and monitoring and completing various administrative projects. In this capacity, the Administrative Assistant will be charged with supplying administrative support to assigned management members.
External Job Description - Essential Duties/Functions
Additional duties an Administrative Assistant may perform:
- Schedules and coordinates meetings for partners, and management team at multiple locations in the region.
- Produce metric reports and charting based on minor analysis and data provided
- Drafts and proofs engagement letters to clients
- Processes, assembles and sends tax returns and financial statements to clients
- Perform a variety of coordinator duties, which may be complex and confidential; greet candidates and clients, answer telephones, take messages, respond to general questions regarding the work of the department
- Coordinate travel arrangements, both international and domestic: travel itineraries, agendas, visas, passports, documentation for foreign travel, expense reports, etc.
- Manage mail with attention to due dates and actions required
- Produce a variety of materials: Letters, memoranda, interoffice communications, confidential presentations and reports
- Attend meetings, conferences as required: Take meeting notes; assist in managing meetings, conferences.
- Provides reception and office services relief (i.e. mail/file/stocking kitchens, etc.), as needed
External Job Description - Qualifications
- Scans and saves workpapers submitted by clients
- Manages and monitors GoFileRoom
- Assists Office Administrator with obtaining coding and approval for vendor invoices
- Processes and mails client invoices
- Works with management to set up client billings
- Proposal preparation and processing
- Maintain Business Development contact lists
- Prioritize and work independently or with minimal supervision
- Other duties as required; may include but are not limited to assisting management with a variety of administrative tasks
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three (3) or more years of administrative experience in a professional services firm
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials preferred
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects / tasks with an attention to detail
- Advanced or expert in computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Experience in Peoplesoft database recommended.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including superior grammar, spelling, and punctuation that enable the incumbent to work with top level management and other executive level clients.
- Possesses superior customer service skills. Displays independent judgment, finesse and diplomacy in all situations
- Consistently seeks to improve processes
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented that enable efficient and effective multi-tasking.
- Capable of managing highly confidential information.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management as well as outside external clients
- Team player who is willing to help out as needed
BDO USA, LLP - 13 months ago