The Administrative Assistant is accountable to the department Director or Manager and has responsibility for the general administrative support of the department. This position requires experience in a support role and requires some supervision and direction. This role may also serve as back up for the Receptionist, as occasionally necessary.
POSITION PROFILE (Major duties, accountabilities, and responsibilities)
1. Providing primary support for the Manager or Director and secondary support for the department staff. Phone coverage, presentations, scheduling meetings, meeting minutes; maintains manager's calendar; tracks attendance/vacation records for the department; mail distribution to department staff, assists with travel planning, and generates itineraries and completes expense reports.
2. Process paperwork in and out of department, sort and distribute correspondence to proper personnel, analyze reports and/or correspondence for supervisor and team members. Operate office equipment for duplicating records and memoranda, calculating and summarizing reports, and data input. Update and maintain accurate timelines as required. Maintain office supplies and evaluate department purchases to meet budget requirements.
3. Manage and maintains department files, records and reports for department; files, records, and reports. Update and incorporate department information into monthly charts if required.
4. Create support materials and presentations using Microsoft Suite software and desktop publishing software. Direct contact with outside parties as needed. May coordinate department specific events (outings, meetings, etc.)
5. Compose letters and memos for manager and team members from notes or instructions based on general knowledge of circumstances, policies and individual situations.
6. Maintain spreadsheets, update agreements, and route required documents.
7. Responsible to develop, implement and maintain effective communication throughout the organization within the area or department.
8. Provide back-up assistance to other Administrative Assistants, Managers, and team members as needed. Back-up to the reception area if needed.
9. May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: (i.e. degree, years of experience, etc.)
* Degree minimum: Associates Degree
* Specific concentration: Business
* Experience level: 1 to 3 years
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: (i.e. MBA, certifications, etc.)
* Bachelors degree in business preferred
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Strong skills in Microsoft Office
* Ability to multi-task
BISSELL's in the business of seeing spots and taking care of dust bunnies. A pioneer in the carpet-cleaning industry, BISSELL...