This position will support the Supplier Diversity team at the Naperville, IL location which includes staff from Refining and Marketing (R&M) and Procurement & Supply Chain Management (PSCM). Key accountabilities Administrative Responsibilities:
- Managing calendar and meeting notices in Outlook, personal contact lists
- Arrange and coordinate domestic and international travel and itineraries for the Director, which includes hotel and ground transportation/Assist Director with following-up on all correspondence (via phone, mail, and email) from inside and outside the organization
- Creating reports and presentation materials, charts, tables, graphs, meeting minutes, as needed
- Coordinate all logistics for in-house and offsite meetings, including catering food if needed
- Upload minutes and various documents to the team SharePoint site
- Review and reconcile all monthly American Express Pro-card and Travel/Entertainment expenses.
- Track and submit all expenses to Accenture for outside vendors
- Streamlining processes to increase productivity and enhance operational performance
- Assist with the on-boarding process of new employee requirements, e.g., laptop, badge, phone, etc.
Minimum 5 years of administrative experience supporting a team
- Communicate on a regular basis with potential suppliers via phone and email
- Assist with updating suppliers list
- Attend SD conferences that are offsite 3-4 times a year
- Research, create, and manage the SD Event Calendar for offsite Conferences and Trade Shows attended by SD team
- Work with and communicate on a regular basis with companies that are hosting the conferences and trade shows (via phone, mail, and email)
- Work with various offsite vendors to coordinate the logistics for all trade shows and conferences
- Maintain office supply inventory and “Give-A-Way” inventory to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt of supplies
- The successful candidate will have strong organizational and administrative skills, plus the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities with little or no supervision. He or she must thrive in a team environment that is fast paced with high competency in support, trouble shooting, and decision making. He or she must possess the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels or the organization inside and outside of the company. Essential Education HS Diploma or greater Essential experience and job requirements Prior experience working for Senior Level management
Prior experience coordinating activity across a large, complex, and fast moving team
Proficient in calendar management, strong computer skills in Microsoft Office software (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint)
Prior experience with SAP PR4 accounting processes
Must possess the ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment and can quickly adapt when tasks change
Self-motivated and highly motivated, completes tasks and/or project by deadlines
Detailed-oriented, good proofreader, excellent multi-tasking ability, can set own work priorities
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Good phone manners and responds promptly to all inquiries by phone and email
Dependable team player who delivers what is required, is proactive and anticipates the needs of the SD team
Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and concisely
Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
Strong organizational & problem solving skills; detail oriented
Excellent inter-personal and professional business skills
Positive can-do attitude and willingness to be flexible
Works well with other Administrative Assistants Eligibility Requirements Must be at least 18 years of age; legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future. Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location) N/A Desirable criteria & qualifications N/A Relocation available No Travel required Yes - up to 10% Is this a part time position? No About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSCM) is the process by which BP purchases goods and services from the external marketplace with the aim of maximising value to the business. Helping ensure we always have the right product, from the right supplier, at the right time and at the right price. This covers everything from office stationery and the stock in our convenience stores to major infrastructure construction projects, offshore structures and world-scale manufacturing sites. BP spends around $40 billion on non-hydrocarbon goods and services each year, so managing this spend effectively is core to the company’s success.
Disclaimer If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
If you are a person with a disability or a disabled veteran and would like any type of assistance to apply or to access or to attend any recruitment or selection event or process, we would like to help you to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representative contact us at soul.cherradi@BP.com ,Telephone: (713) 876 6529
BP is an equal opportunity employer. Segment Refining & Marketing Removal Time 23:59 (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) Removal Date 25-Nov-2013
BP - 8 months ago
BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business...