Job Description Summary
Provides general administrative support for the Graduate Dean’s Office.
- Opens and forwards mail. Handles follow-up to routine and/or complex correspondence.
- Answers phones; screens calls, takes messages, routinely provide a variety of information to callers.
- Writes and types correspondence, reports and other materials for own or supervisor’s signature. Proofreads and edits copy generated by supervisor and others.
- Designs filing systems. Is responsible for overseeing maintenance of filing systems.
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, training and evaluating student assistants.
- May supervise the daily workload of other support staff.
- Sets up travel arrangements for department staff.
- Responsible for monitoring and assisting with the budget preparation and record keeping.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies as needed.
- Maintains supervisor’s calendar as needed.
- Responsible for planning and arranging logistics for meetings and special events.
- Responsible for overseeing database, including retrieval of information, supervision of data entry; interfaces with I.T.S.D. for problem resolution. May assist with updates of department website.
- Additional responsibilities as defined by department.
Student Assistants (1 – 5)
Minimum Level of Education Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent typing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) is necessary
- Ability to effectively interface with trustees, students, faculty, staff, and visitors
- Strong supervisory skills