Budget Title: Staff Assistant (SL-2)
Salary: $37,873+ depending upon qualifications and experience
The administrative assistant assumes general responsibility for the administration of the Physics Department; including instructional, fiduciary, and office administrative processes. The administrative assistant performs these duties while providing clear communication of intentions and progress to the chair, and taking direction from the chair. Particular duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the department’s operating accounts, including monthly and annual reports; and establish/monitor a yearly operating budget
- Supervise department secretary and graduate students, including planning, scheduling and assigning work
- Coordinate schedules for Chair and department
- Budget reconciliation and analysis; payment process including requisition approval, deposits, processing and payment of invoices, reimbursements for expenses
- Monitor and administer personnel transactions including hiring students and other temporary personnel, extra service payments, personnel case coordination, separation of service
- Assist with recruitment process for new faculty and student, including assisting with travel arrangements
- Coordinate schedules and arrangements for colloquium speakers
- Preparation and management of course schedules for each semester
- Act as a liaison between the department and the offices of the Harpur College Dean, Provost, Human Resources, Student Records, CBASM, Business Office, and other university offices and external institutions
Bachelor's degree required.
A successful candidate must have excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint). The job involves interaction with a diverse group of people including faculty, staff, students and parents. Essential skills include excellent communication skills; follow up skills, ability to multi-task, proven high levels of organizational skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, confidentiality, team oriented and a positive attitude.
Note: Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: 10/03/13
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
Cover letter, and
Contact information for three professional references, including your current supervisor.
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp
The State University of New York and Binghamton University are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.
Binghamton University - 15 months ago
Binghamton University is one of the four university centers that belong to the State University of New York (SUNY) system. It offers...