BlackRock is sourcing for a dynamic and enthusiastic Administrative Assistant who functions in an efficient, detail-oriented, and proactive manner. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who has deep experience supporting senior management with global responsibilities in a fast-paced global financial services firm. The candidate should be a team player, extremely motivated, resourceful, organized, communicative, and able to leverage the managers' time by completing tasks independently with strong attention to detail. The position is based in New York.
- Responsible for the daily schedule of one or more individuals, anticipate necessary background material, directions and other items required for each activity on the schedule. Maintain busy calendars, schedule meetings, ensure managers arrive to meetings on time.
- Handle a broad range of duties from day to day operational activities to scheduling meetings and correspondence with Executive management and Board members and their assistants.
- Meet and greet visitors and clients, answering phones, coordinating conference rooms and meal arrangements.
- Handle a large volume of travel planning including airline reservations, hotel accommodations, car rental reservations, car service arrangements and driving directions as needed.
- Manage inventory of supply stock for the team daily.
- Maintain and track employee timesheets and gather data.
- Process and track expense reports and reimbursements.
- Produce letters, memoranda, presentations, reports, etc. as necessary; proofread documents for appropriate grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Assist in presentation preparation.
- Provide core administrative support such as faxing, filing, and copying.
- Performing ad hoc projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent phone manner and management a must
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience - secretarial school a plus
- Minimum five years of corporate administrative experience in roles that interfaced with external clients and executive management.
- Must have superior skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and proficiency knowledge in PowerPoint
- Experience and proficiency working with automated expense tracking, online travel etc.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment and interact with senior management under highly demanding conditions
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
- Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments, with a high degree of accuracy, and meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- High energy level
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Americas-United States-New York
Client-Retail & iShares-Retail
Jun 10, 2013, 3:03:59 PM
BlackRock - 13 months ago
Now this is the kind of coal you want in your stocking. BlackRock, with more than $3.5 trillion under management, is the world's...