BlackRock is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide daily administrative support to assigned Managing Directors and Directors of a team in an efficient, detail oriented, and proactive manner.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Skills and Requirements:
- Heavy interaction with senior management and their assistants
- Maintain busy calendars, including scheduling meetings, meeting and greeting visitors and clients, answering phones, coordinating conference rooms and meal arrangements.
- Handle complex travel itineraries including airline reservations, hotel accommodations, car rental reservations, car service arrangements and driving directions as needed.
- Responsible for the daily schedule of one or more individuals, anticipate necessary background material, directions and other items required for each activity on the schedule.
- Process and track expense reports and reimbursements.
- Produce letters, memoranda, presentations, reports, etc. as necessary; proofread documents for appropriate grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Assist in presentation preparation.
- Provide core administrative support such as faxing, filing, and copying.
- Performing ad hoc projects as needed.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience - secretarial school a plus.
- Minimum five plus years of corporate administrative experience. Must have superior skills in MS Office.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment and interact with senior management.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments, with a high degree of accuracy, and meet deadlines in a high pressure environment.
- High energy level.
- Excellent phone manner a must.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Tech & Ops-Bus Ops-Global Fund Svcs
Feb 15, 2013, 6:03:34 PM
Now this is the kind of coal you want in your stocking. BlackRock, with more than $3.5 trillion under management, is the world's...