Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town New York is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit.
As our full-time Administrative Assistant reporting to In-Home Family Services Program Director, you will be responsible for providing a wide variety of advanced level clerical, administrative and receptionist support for our In-Home Family Services Programs; providing assistance to other staff, volunteers, and visitors. You will also schedule meetings, rooms and coordinate calendars, type and distribute departmental correspondence reports, memos, and projects from notes or drafts. In addition, you will record, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes within appropriate time frames along with other duties assigned.
To be considered for this unique opportunity you will need:
The Boys Town mission has always been and always will be centered around creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. At Boys Town we believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of administrative experience
- Must have knowledge of Administrative, office administrative procedures and practices, and filing methods
- Must have working knowledge of PC software applications with an advanced ability to utilize Windows-based programs and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently at a high rate of speed
- Good communication skills and abilities to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality a must.
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. One of the country’s largest nonprofit, publically funded child-care organizations, Boys Town annually touches the lives of more than 400,000 boys, girls, parents and others nationwide through its highly effective services and programs.
If you are committed, passionate and feel you are qualified to take on a life-changing experience please apply at www.boystown.org/careers .
Boys Town is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in E-Verify. Boys Town assures equal employment opportunity to applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, religion, veteran’s status, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as required under applicable state and federal law. Boys Town provides reasonable accommodations for the known disabilities of applicants, unless to do so would cause an undue hardship. Please contact us at 1-877-639-6003 to let us know if you are requesting an accommodation to complete the application process.
Boys Town - 12 months ago