Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town South Florida is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys values to strengthen body, mind and spirit.
As the part-time Administrative Assistant in West Palm Beach, Florida , you will perform a wide variety of clerical, administrative, and receptionist duties. This position also provides assistance to other departmental staff, volunteers, and visitors.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support which includes:
To be considered for this unique opportunity you will need:
- Performing general administrative functions including photocopying, faxing, typing correspondence, mail, and maintaining office supplies.
- Greeting visitors and staff in person or via telephone, determining their needs and directs them to the appropriate person or office.
- Processes, maintains, and files departmental records including youth files, payroll, purchasing, work orders, and other documents.
- Maintains schedules and coordinates calendars for meetings and other events; records, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes. Assists in organizing events as needed.
- Schedules travel arrangements and completes expense reports as needed.
- Tracks, researches, and prepares various reports, material packets, and meeting/presentation materials.
- Completes departmentally specific administrative tasks as applicable per area of responsibility.
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. One of the country’s largest nonprofit, publically funded child-care organizations, Boys Town annually touches the lives of more than 400,000 boys, girls, parents and others nationwide through its highly effective services and programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- 1 to 2 years of experience including some administrative or clerical.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures, practices, and filing methods
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of PC software applications with an advanced ability to utilize Windows-based programs and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently at a high rate of speed
If you are committed, passionate and feel you are qualified to take on a life-changing experience please apply at www.boystown.org/careers .
Boys Town provides reasonable accommodations for the known disabilities of applicants, unless to do so would cause an undue hardship. Please contact us at 1-877-639-6003 to let us know if you are requesting an accommodation to complete the application process
Boys Town assures equal employment opportunity to applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, religion, veteran’s status, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as required under applicable state and federal law.
Boys Town - 11 months ago