This entry level administrative position supports the day-to-day operations and ongoing initiatives of the executive assistant to the President of Retail Division. The candidate must be able to work well with the executive team, but also independently while accomplishing daily tasks and projects listed below.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
May serve as a point-of-contact for all visitors: executives, clients, staff, & business associates.
Liaison for communications: incoming calls, screening, routing and accurate message taking.
Assist in managing communications: mail, email and fax. Update databases and directories. Schedule and manage logistics for all meetings, conference calls and daily agendas.
Assist in travel logistics: flights, hotels and rental cars. Prepare itineraries and related documents in trip file.
Proficient in MS Office suite, particularly MS Word and Outlook.
Assist in event management and coordination: RSVP lists, vendor liaison, logistics.
Daily administrative office tasks: office supply ordering, copying, typing, meeting set-up.
5% of time may be used for other duties that arise.
- A positive, can-do attitude a must.
- Inherent common sense.
- Must be hard working, reliable and consistent.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment and can manage competing demands.
- Proactive and able to anticipate the needs of executive and team.
- Able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events with understanding and grace.
- Pleasant, helpful and courteous demeanor a must in all interactions with executives, staff, vendors and other business associates.
- Possesses a strong self-awareness of workspace, dress, conduct to ensure a neat and professional appearance.
- Feel comfortable and willing to take initiative on requests and inquiries of administrative nature.
Planning & Organization
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with integrity and maintains confidentiality.
- Open to ideas and suggestions presented by others.
- Effectively communicate concisely and clearly in a courteous manner, both in negative and positive situations.
- Edit work for spelling, grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Write correspondence clearly and concisely.
- Effectively manage time, priorities and activities.
- Strong organizational skills a must.
- Manage hard copy and electronic files and records.
Salary Range: Depending on Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma required
- AA Degree or higher preferred
- 1 - 3 years experience in similar position
Relocation Expenses: Not Covered
Please include resume and cover letter when responding to this posting.
Brown & Brown - 17 months ago