To provide Administrative Assistant Support Services to the DNDO to include, but not limited to, the following:
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED required as well as 5 years of related experience. Prefer experience with/at Department of Homeland Security (DHS) supporting mid-level management staff. Be proficient and have demonstrated experience in the use of the following software: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Excel.
Security Clearance: Applicant must currently possess a SECRET clearance.
CTI is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple simultaneous projects for Senior Executive Service (SES) Manager and other organization senior staff members.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work activities is essential to success in this position.
- Answer telephones, record messages, forward calls, and respond appropriately to inquiries. Assist staff with follow-up phone calls on outstanding actions.
- Schedule, coordinate, and provide support for meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and other similar activities.
- Compose, prepare, edit, and ensure timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries as well as Executive, Congressional, or other priority correspondence that requires immediate response.
- Track incoming and outgoing Executive Secretary correspondence, alerting responsible parties of tasking and ensuring coordination of responses by relevant directorates within established deadlines, review and edit work products, prepare files for circulation, monitor progress, and maintain files (hard copy and electronic). Ensure correspondence and accompanying documents are in compliance with DHS Executive Secretariat policy and procedures.
- Use a variety of software programs including word processing, database, graphics, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, and project management applications, as well as other DNDO custom applications (such as Microsoft SharePoint Site and an Oracle based financial database) to perform agency-specific administrative tasks.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records, and/or other documents and develop and maintain data, and perform routine data entry, analyses, and calculations in the processing of information for recurring reports.
- Perform associated records management duties to include identification of documents as records and determination of proper schedules for record disposition in accordance with DNDO policy.
- Draft, edit, and facilitate the development of talking points, public presentations, reports, educational materials, brochures, fact sheets, and/or other materials for internal, Government, and public consumption.
- Perform copying, collation, and assembly of various documentation in-house. Under specific circumstances, prepare documents for printing by completing the necessary forms and submitting them to the Facilities Division for transfer to the Government Printing Office.
- Perform responsibilities as alternate travel preparer using FedTraveler.com (or designated DHS system). Administer and prepare travel requests, authorizations, and invoices, coordinate passport/visa requests, research transportation schedules, lodging arrangements, and meeting locations, confirm reservations, and maintain detailed files for travelers. Collect, maintain, and provide data upon request regarding obligation and liquidation of travel expenses.
- Facilitate the passage of security clearances, foreign visitor requests, and other unique processing requirements as needed for staff travel, Government officials, and/or media representatives to the office, DNDO activity sites, or other locations.
- Perform basic information gathering and analysis and/or forecasting.
- Assist with office supply management, analyzing standard office needs, researching sources of supply, and notifying the Facilities Division in advance when supplies are required.
- Assist with the planning, organization, and production of DNDO sponsored meetings, special events, seminars and programs.
- On behalf of the federal manager, maintain division’s personnel performance management files, remind managers when plans and appraisals are due, assist with preparation and tracking, and ensure that documents are submitted in a timely manner to Human Resources.
- Notify Human Resources of any pending staff changes and serve as liaison for personnel or training actions. Maintain records of directorate’s training requests and completed attendance of training.
- Serve as liaison with Facilities Division regarding any facilities-related needs of Directorate including space, furniture, property, and safety. Serve as representative on Occupant Emergency Planning team.
- Sort, screen, review, and distribute incoming and outgoing division mail.
- May be required to provide Time and Attendance assistance for division federal employees, inputting records into the automated Time and Attendance system (webTA), providing instructions to staff, answering questions, sending reminders to staff of biweekly submission deadlines, and transmitting files to Headquarters.
- Attendance and punctuality are critical to this position.
- Perform other related duties as required.
CTI Resource Management Services Inc. - 2 years ago
The US Department of the Army has its marching orders. The group represents one of the three US military departments -- along with the Air...