The Administrative Assistant supports the manager of the department, as well as the QI staff by providing key clerical and administrative support to execute all responsibilities of the position. One of the primary duties for this position will be preparing materials for committee meetings. Other duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, filing, and faxing. Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills.
- Coordinate the Manager’s calendar, including scheduling appointments, meetings and events.
- Provide administrative support for specific and/or ongoing projects, such as generating reports, logs, calendars, mailings and applying general business practices.
- Maintain department expenses and budget.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies, including monitoring needs and ordering.
- May coordinate work with other administrative staff, or play a key role in the coordination of staff efforts within the department.
- Prepare meeting materials, meeting set-up, minute taking, etc. as designated by the Manager.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence per administrative policy.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information and files regarding management projects and policies ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Work under minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment and tact in handling highly confidential information regarding controversial matters, personnel, etc.
- Routinely perform a wide variety of complex office support duties, set work priorities based on knowledge of various activities.
- Coordinate multiple administrative activities at the same time.
- Interact effectively with staff at various levels within CalOptima as well as external contacts.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Take direction and work as part of a team in the department to which assigned as well as with other administrative staff.
- Effectively utilize computer and appropriate software and interact as needed with CalOptima Information Systems.
Experience & Education
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Courses in basic business administration that provide the knowledge and abilities listed or equivalent clerical/administrative experience is required
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required. Experience in Microsoft Project, Access, Publisher, Visio and Adobe Acrobat preferred.
- Office business practices, including the utilization of equipment such as phones, faxes and copier machines.
- Appropriate language usage, including proper grammar and spelling.
- Business etiquette on the telephone, in correspondence, and in person.