One of three such positions in a small Corporate Office staff environment, based in Atlanta, this position is part of a growing global hospitality group founded on an obsession for creating and sustaining world class service. Individual will either view this as a foundational position for future growth opportunities following minimum of two years successful performance or an exciting opportunity to further their professional administrative and staff development in support roles. This position includes a full range of administrative functions for Human Resources, Operations and Accounting divisions. Must value being a professional team player with a high level of positive energy and a “can do” approach in all activities. Role requires strong communication and relationship building skills and strong organizational skills. Must have the ability and confidence to handle confidential and sensitive information, be detail oriented and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Must be competent and confident in direct daily interaction with fellow employees, the top company leaders, as well as outside parties that have (or seek) a relationship with the Company. The individual presently in this position is assuming a promotional position in the corporate office sales & marketing division and will continue to be available for initial and transitional training.
Ideal individual has some day-to-day work experience in hotel operations. Must have a Service Mentality and demonstrate excellent telephone professional demeanor of warmth, friendliness but refined in speech and vocabulary.
Professional appearance requires adhering to a more conservative office attire, make-up, etc. Individual’s traits include very strong work ethic and punctuality; highly organized but flexibility with both responsibility and time requirements; strong inner-office working relationships in a small office environment, yet capable of self-starting, anticipating needs and working independently. The Company’s foundation mandates operating with uncompromising values, honor and integrity.
Description of Responsibilities:
Respond to phones calls in a friendly, professional manner; with the ability to take messages, forward calls, answer requests, and assist with problem resolution
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties
- Assist the accounting department with invoices and projects on an as needed basis
- Manage individual and corporate calendars and schedules
- Assist with travel arrangements including booking of flights, hotels and car reservations, and travel documents, visas, etc. as required for staff domestic & international travel
- Deliver complete document production that must be handled accurately and produced in a timely fashion
- Coordinate internal and external communication among the corporate office and hotels
- Prepare expense reports
- Ability to prioritize a diverse workload
- Establish and foster positive working relationships
- Coordinate meetings, special events and corporate functions
- Maintain company material and information in a confidential manner
- Other projects as assigned
- High School Diploma/ Associates Degree / B.S. Degree
- 3 - 5 years administrative support work experience
- Previous experience supporting Human Resources & Operations
- COMPUTER SKILLS : Must be able to use Outlook at an intermediate to expert level
- COMPUTER SKILLLS : Proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- COMPUTER/COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Accurate typing, filing, record keeping, grammar, spelling written and oral communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to act independently, organize workload, set priorities, work well under deadline pressures adapt to change, and handle confidential material.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime on an occasional basis to meet workload demands
- Experience arranging travel, meetings, catering, and general office organization
- Very strong organizational and time management skills to handle functional workload and multiple priorities
Capella Hotel Group - 10 months ago