The Administrative Assistant is a professional employee working under the direction of the Chief Nursing Office and Chief Financial Officer. She/he is directly responsible for administrative duties as assigned and those duties stated in the essential functions below. The employee demonstrates the ability to work independently with a minimum of direction, and to keep all matters and situations pertaining to both employees and patients confidential.
1. Type correspondence and other materials on a variety of general and technical topics, some of which are of a highly confidential nature.
2. Ensure smooth operation of the Administrative offices.
3. Coordinates all Administrative files; assists in the coordination and maintenance of all records to assure compliance with all Joint Commission and other regulatory requirements and standards.
4. Assist with typing for all Administrative policies and procedures and job descriptions.
5. Answers telephone and screens visitors and responds to their questions exercising discretion and judgment or relays information to appropriate person.
6. Requisitions needed office supplies.
7. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
8. Assists the CNO and CFO with appointment calendars.
9. Provides support to the department directors, arranging meetings and conference calls.
10. Other duties as assigned by CNO and CFO.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associates Degree Required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Training in secretarial sciences or related business field and at least 3 years of administrative assistant experience required
- Reads and writes basic English
- Ability to use a computer, word processor, typewriter and calculator
- Ability to lift in excess of 10 pounds
- Typing, dictation, computer skills and good telephone manners
- Organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
HCA Inc - 15 months ago
HCA dispenses TLC for a profit. HCA Holdings, through HCA, Inc. (Hospital Corporation of America) operates more than 160 acute care,...