As a Caterpillar Administrative Assistant in Global Construction Industries (GCI), you will provide advanced clerical and administrative support, and relief of administrative detail to managers, availing them additional time to management their responsibilities. Your position will also provide support to other staff members to allow for more efficient operations. You will coordinate and manage a wide range of functions within your department(s).
1. Operate a personal computer for purpose of typing, scheduling meetings, calendaring of events and activities, sending and receiving messages, etc.
2. Apply an advanced level of understanding and skill in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio) and corporate software programs, includes preparation of presentation materials and uploading / downloading information utilizing various software programs.
3. Spend a significant amount of time organizing and expediting workflow through the manager(s)’ office and coordinating communications.
4. Ensure travel and lodging accommodations as required by the manager(s). The incumbent must tend to all the details involved with managers' visits to Caterpillar domestic and overseas facilities and to other companies and organizations. Coordinate airline travel, prepares expense books and reconciles managers' expense statements.
5. Coordinate visits to Peoria by Caterpillar dealers / customers / consultants, including lodging, meals, scheduling, meetings logistics, etc.
6. Coordinate conferences and special events involving Caterpillar employees, dealers, customers, or business associates. Responsible for travel and lodging accommodations, arranging meeting logistics, plant tours, product demonstrations, meals, etc.
7. Use discretion, judgment and initiative to continue the work responsibilities of the office in an efficient manner when the manager is unavailable. The incumbent must determine what can be handled immediately by direct reports, referred to others, held for manager’s return or completed by the administrative assistant independently.
8. Work with highly sensitive and confidential information.
9. Organize, complete and maintain special projects. This might also include the direction and coordination of activities of others, such as temporary clerical help, co-ops, other administrative professionals.
10. Provide other routine administrative duties as required.
11. Provide back-up duties for other administrative professional as needed.
Business contacts generally include persons at all levels of the Company as well as executives from outside businesses and organizations.
* Candidates for this job have a variety of secretarial experiences gained at sectional, divisional and departmental levels.
* The job requires the application of seasoned, advanced administrative skills gained through years of experience and challenge in the more advanced and complex features of administrative support work.
* Strong person-to-person skills are required as well as proficiency in managing the daily activities of an office or work area
* Requires a thorough knowledge of the principal’s accountabilities and method of operation plus the ability to work independently with only general guidance on a variety of special projects
* The individual must be able to think and work independently, have superior organizational skills and maintain a high-level of confidentiality.
* Vocational training and administrative professional certification are strongly desired
* Incumbent should have general knowledge of company organization and its operations with a detailed knowledge of functions and responsibilities of the departments within the assigned area.
Where will you take your career? Where do you want to go? You can continue to learn, grow and contribute within one company, Caterpillar.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
May 10, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Illinois-Peoria-PEORIA01-Peoria Admin Bldg-AB-Us
Caterpillar - 15 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...