GRADE: D/E 19
OBJECTIVE: Under general supervision, provide diverse
administrative support to senior management staff, which
includes but is not limited to Executive Directors, Vice
Presidents of Operations, Corporate and Regional
Directors. Requires judgment and comprehensive knowledge
of applicable operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
• Compose and/or type letters, memos, reports, etc.
• Take dictation, transcribe notes or voice recordings
and distribute the minutes of management or Board of
• Provide needed administrative support that may include
assisting in contract proposals, insurance renewals,
fund-raising events, data compilation, budget
preparation, meeting preparation, etc.
• Coordinate meetings and travel arrangements,
reservations, and other accommodations.
• Arrange meetings (i.e., Board of Directors, Regional
Management Team) including necessary accommodations.
• Assist with special projects and Board committee
support work as needed.
• Provide needed secretarial support such as filing,
maintaining records, copying, answering telephones,
opening and distributing mail, etc.
• Maintain list of Board of Directors or Auxiliary.
• May order supplies for the office/facility and track
• May supervise or provide guidance to other
• May assist other management team members as directed.
• Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be
exhaustive. Children’s Home Society of Florida reserves
the right to revise this job description as needed to
comply with actual job requirements.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of three years of secretarial training or work
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet
- Two years of college or advanced secretarial training
- Ability to work independently and set priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Time Management and organizational skills
- Ability to speak, read and write English at the
- Ability to work in a multitask environment
- Ability to type 55-60 wpm
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform
all essential functions