The City of Bloomington is seeking an individual to relieve the Chief Financial Officer of daily administrative details in the Finance Department. This individual will assist the Chief Financial Officer and Finance Department with correspondence, preparation of periodic reports, create and update presentations, and accurately maintain (written/electronic) records of financial related activities.
Examples of Duties:
Anticipates Chief Financial Officer’s workload and takes initiative to perform as many administrative tasks as possible. The Administrative Assistant will be expected to:
- Maintain the departmental task listing on Sharepoint.
- Plan work assignments to insure productive use of available working hours.
- Serve as a liaison to community groups, commissions, departments within the City and other entities as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Keep Chief Financial Officer informed of all matters that he/she needs to know to effectively perform their position responsibilities.
- Coordinate information gathering through Sharepoint for preparation of the annual Budget document.
- Coordinate annual information gathering and preparation of the Community Investment Program (CIP) document using Plan-It software.
- Assist in the preparation of articles for the City’s publications and website including articles related to the budget and the annual Corporate Report.
- Coordinate and maintain the Finance Department’s internal and external websites using Dream Weaver software.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, activities, etc. as well as all arrangements including, posting notices as required with official newspaper and City website.
- Create and edit correspondence for Chief Financial Officer using correct grammar and sentence structure.
- Coordinate the completion of various reports required by the Office of the State Auditor’s and other regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate City Council, commissions and committee agenda items for Chief Financial Officer based on the departmental task listing and projects involving the Finance Department.
- Draft agenda items and materials for City Council, commissions or committees.
- Take minutes at City Council or commissions meetings, then draft minutes into their final form, as requested.
- Answer phone inquiries in a polite and pleasant manner with correct information or refer inquiries to the appropriate source for action.
- Maintain all files and records to comply with City retention schedules to insure ready accessibility of information as required.
- Conduct research for Chief Financial Officer.
- Open and sort mail, prioritizing administrative matters for Chief Financial Officer.
- Two year college degree/certification or higher in Liberal Education, Business Administration, or Accounting.
- Two years of responsible office/administrative experience.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other City employees, City officials and the general public.
- Ability to function with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Four year degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
- Additional years of responsible office/administrative experience (2+ years).
- Four years or more in creating and working with financial documents including charts, tables and graphs.
- Experience in creating and writing financial policies and procedures.
- Experience managing Sharepoint or similar software for data sharing and storage.
- Experience with using Plan It and/or Dream Weaver software.
- Knowledge of City code and charter.
- Notary Public.