The Administrative Assistant is part of a team-based approach to meet the administrative needs of a brokerage office. This position works in partnership with the Operations Manager to ensure administrative needs of the office are met.
Location: Washington, DC
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Provide reception desk coverage; greets and welcomes visitors and answer and handle incoming calls
- Accept deliveries, sort mail, and maintain phone lists.
- Coordinate conference room use and visiting office space
- Process building maintenance calls
- Provide general support including making travel arrangements, completing expense reports
- Process office invoices
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Coordinate office events
- Complete filing, copying as needed
- Work effectively with all support staff, management, and brokerage professionals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following required degrees, certificates or competencies:
The successful candidate will embody key attributes or characteristics described below:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years of related office service experience, preferably in a professional services or corporate environment
- Previous receptionist, switchboard or administrative assistant experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of office administration principles, practices and techniques
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
- Self-starter with a bias for action; enjoys working hard; energetic
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; seeks customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services.
- Able to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal to get things done; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files it in a useful manner.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing; especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary including a full range of health benefits, vacation plan, 401K and other benefits are available.
- Focus of this position is on producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Precise, consistent work output is essential.
- Results orientation with strong technical/analytical skills.
- Strong service orientation with attention to detail.
- Makes decisions within established criteria and known processes.
- Knowledgeable of office administration principles, practices and techniques.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colliers International - 10 months ago
Colliers Macaulay Nicolls, or CMN International, is the largest member of Colliers International's global network of affiliated...