2012-2013 School Year
Commonwealth Connections Academy, a “school without walls”, is an innovative virtual educational program serving K-12 students throughout Pennsylvania in a non-classroom-based environment. A learning team, consisting of a Parent/Learning Coach, a Certified Teacher and educational specialists, work collaboratively with students using a standards-based hybrid curriculum that includes both online and offline options. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting new public schooling model that creates alternative teaching and learning options for students, parents and teachers by leveraging the latest technologies, capitalizing on recent policy initiatives and embracing a cutting edge approach to education.
Commonwealth Connections Academy is a public cyber charter school authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The school serves students in grades K–12 from anywhere in Pennsylvania. CCA is nationally accredited by the Commission on International and Trans-regional Accreditation (CITA) and the Middle States Association. 95% of all CCA parents agree their children are satisfied with the program in a 2012 survey.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Working from our office in Harrisburg, PA, the State Testing Administrative Assistant is responsible for all administrative tasks pertaining to state testing. This will include, but not be limited to, logistical arrangements, test compliance and assurance of test security. Additionally, this position will require some in-state travel (no more than 10 days per calendar year).
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
• Coordinate and schedule logistical arrangements – hotel accommodations, expense reports, car rentals, test site coordination, accommodations for special needs students, online student and site coordinator tracking, etc;
• Survey students, parents, and teachers regarding satisfaction and possible improvements of the testing process;
• Monitor for completion of survey and analyze results per demographic to present to State Testing Coordinator;
• Assist administrators to specify which students should take particular exams;
• Create and monitor for completion of data views within Connexus to ensure student and teachers sign up for testing sites;
• Generate reports from Connexus to monitor the testing site capacity;
• Generate reports to support additional functions of state testing;
• Answer phone calls from parents and students regarding questions about state testing;
• Deescalate parent and student concerns regarding state testing;
• Scheduling appointments;
• Support the school executive team with a variety of administrative tasks;
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and web-based applications is essential.
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Customer focused approach.
• High degree of flexibility.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced team environment.
Connections Academy - 16 months ago