Community Educations Centers (CEC), is a leading provider of residential reentry and in-prison community corrections programs. Working over 18 states across the U.S., we provide a foundation of support to change addictive and criminal behaviors and effectively prepare our residents for community reentry. With programming that encompass assessment, drug and alcohol education, family education services for juvenile and adult populations; we are redefining effective means to reduce recidivism.
Under close supervision, employee responsible for answering the facility’s main telephone. Employee types Continuum of Care Plans for the residents under supervision of Director, Clinical Services and Deputy Director. Position responsible for logistics, accommodations and preparation of material and supplies for Company tours, classification and other general meetings.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Types and proofreads Continuum of Care Plans for residents;
2. Answers telephone for facility;
3. Prepares conference room for meetings;
4. Prepares for Company facility tours; Oversees resident porters work;
5. Files Continuum of Care Plans and memos;
6. Types letters and memos and faxes documents as necessary;
7. Assists with supplies and inventory by purchasing indigent supplies and keeps inventory;
8. Makes weekly trips to the local Post Office;
9. Completes purchase orders;
10. Responds to resident request slips.
High school diploma or GED equivalent plus one year experience in related field. Good PC skills; knowledge of MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel and the Internet. Must have valid drivers’ license.
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k). To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities.