To provide administration support to one or more members of management or to a division, unit, or department.
1. Answers incoming calls and greets visitors in a professional and helpful manner. Assists caller and/or directs calls as needed.
2. Composes correspondence to respond to inquiries and communicates departmental information.
3. Prepares complex ad hoc reports, compiling data, analyzing and formatting it to provide accurate and helpful information as needed.
4. Coordinates meetings and communicating to all appropriate parties. Initiates follow up calls as reminders and gathers information necessary for meetings to assure a professional, well organized event. Takes notes/minutes as requested.
5. Maintains, updates, and forwards (if applicable), in a timely manner, various appointment, correspondence, business logs, time records, and files ensuring information is accurate and current.
6. Retrieves, opens, sorts and distributes incoming mail. Reviews minutes and reports as may be appropriate, making note of deadlines and any follow up that may be required. Responds to informational inquiries as needed.
7. May be responsible for special projects/tasks specific to departmental needs.
8. Provides coverage for the reception area/switchboard as needed.
9. Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. At least 6 years experience in a combination of secretarial or administrative support required, preferably supporting senior management staff.
3. Demonstrated proficiency using personal computers, MS Office software including Word, Excel, and Access required.
4. Proven track record of excellent telephone manner along with effective oral and written communication skills and a strong customer service orientation.
5. Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
6. Must be able to perform multiple tasks at any given time.
7. Professional in manner, image and attire.
1. Member and Customer Focus: Recognizes that members and customers (internal & external) are the driving force behind every business activity. Continuously makes an effort to exceed the expectations of members and customers.
2. Quality Orientation: Assumes responsibility for providing the highest level of quality to members and customers.
3. Innovation: The ability to see opportunities for change, to capitalize on them and implement them when appropriate for the benefit of ConnectiCare.
4. Communication: The ability to communicate with clarity both orally and in writing.
5. Teamwork: Demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of ConnectiCare and inspires the same in others.
6. Results Orientation: The ability to break a complex problem down into its component parts and arrive at the appropriate solution in a timely fashion.
7. Change Mastery: Embraces change.
8. Learning Orientation: Assumes responsibility for personal and professional development.
ConnectiCare is an equal opportunity employer.
ConnectiCare - 13 months ago
ConnectiCare is one of the largest HMOs in Connecticut. In 1979 a group of doctors at Hartford Hospital planted the seeds for what would...