Cooper Electric Supply Co., A leading Electrical Distributor in the United States is seeking to fill an Administrative Position at our Phillipsburg, NJ location. The new candidate will be responsible for the day to day paperwork of their assigned branches as well as ensuring that all company SOP’s are being followed. This includes, monitoring all branch reports, branch deposit reconciliations, inventory transfers and corrections, researching branch related AR and AP items, and providing support to their Branch Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all Standard Operating Procedures are being followed in the branch.
- Assist Branch Managers with inventory counts.
- Confirm all Branch Receiving is accurate.
- Research and correct inventory discrepancies.
- Responsible for handling and processing Vendor Returns.
- Oversee and handle excess stock and defective inventory transfers to our Distribution Center.
- Responsible for the flow of all Customer Billing.
- On the two month closings (the 25th and the last day of the month), must ensure that all reports are up to date before Accounting closes the period.
- Research and assist to resolve all Branch Accounts Receivable Disputes.
- Ensure payments on account and bank deposits are reconciled daily per company policy.
- Oversee and handle the purchase of branch supplies.
- Complete research and recommend solutions to resolve Accounts Payable issues. Make sure overhead expenses are handled and paid.
- Interface with Sales Associates, Distribution Center Associates, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Management and Parent Company.
- Handle special tasks and other duties as assigned by manager to support the Branch.
- High School graduate a must, college a plus.
- Two years of administrative experience.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Self motivated with an ability to learn quickly.
- Microsoft Office is a must – especially Word and Excel
- Ability to perform research functions and follow-through completion.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to meet extremely tight deadlines in a multi-task setting.
- Must be team focused
- Primarily light industrial and office work areas.
- Light to Moderate noise level.
We offer a competitive salary; outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognized your achievements.
It is the policy of Cooper Electric Supply Company to offer equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.