Summary: Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
•Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
•Manages conference room schedules, and coordinates, plans, and executes internal and external business meetings.
•Performs desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations for the Executive team using PowerPoint and other presentation software.
•Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
•Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
•Prepares invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
•Creates and maintains expense reports for travel and business expenses.
•Performs reporting, analysis and special projects as determined by Executive staff.
•Will be responsible for the creation and publication of the company newsletter.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Professionalism Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Internet software and Order processing systems.
Crescent Crown Distributing - 13 months ago