The Education Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the Education Office and securing an efficient workflow by directly assisting the Dean of Education, Director of Education Support and the Curriculum Development Specialist to help support curriculum for all Greystone programs, including catalog course offerings, custom-contracted classes, conferences and other curriculum as needed.
• Provide full administrative support to the Dean of Education and the Director of Education Support.
• Manage appointment calendars and coordination of meetings. Answer phones and direct all incoming calls.
• Assemble highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Assist Chef Instructors with research and development of all program materials, as requested.
• Assist with curriculum needs and schedule as directed.
• Input materials for courses, according to established CIA format guidelines, to include recipes, lecture materials, graphs, charts, and images.
• Consult with Curriculum Development Specialist, regarding all content changes.
• Provide assistance with proofreading and compilation of materials.
• Work with printer to reprint curriculum materials for ProChef, Food Enthusiast, conferences, and custom-contracted courses.
• Maintain library of spare course guides and update recipe database.
• Bind class books and conference books, as well as other materials.
• Perform general office duties such as filing, copying, and faxing.
• Perform special projects and all other duties as requested.
• Associate’s degree in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least four years of experience in administrative, educational, non-profit, customer service, or hospitality environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
• Previous experience in higher education or school setting.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills to enable effective communication with faculty, students, and members of the food and wine industry.
• Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Ability to type at least 50 wpm.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Word, PowerPoint and Excel, with an understanding of databases and visual media software.
• Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
• Flexible work schedule on graduation and registration days.
Respect for diversity is a core value of The Culinary Institute of America, an Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse learning and working environment.
Culinary Institute of America - 4 months ago