Provides administrative support to assigned executive and staff.
- Provides administrative support to assigned executive and staff.
- Acts as the office manager, directing support staff and workflow, and managing all office functions to facilitate operational goals.
- Researches, collects materials and prepares information used by supervising executive in responding for requests from the administrative line, internal departments and external persons and agencies.
- Prepares and maintains confidential correspondence and documents and assists in processing documents related to personnel, purchase orders, employment, benefits and performance review activities. May serve as department liaison with the Offices of Human Resources and Finance and Business Services.
- Answers phones and screens incoming calls and mail and responds independently to inquiries, drafts responses for executive review or refers as appropriate. Calls or correspondence may deal with confidential or sensitive information and require diplomatic and immediate responses.
- Greets visitors in a diplomatic manner.
- Researches and collects data to complete reports and projects.
- Establishes and maintains general office files and records.
- May manage supervisor’s calendar and schedule
- Schedules internal and external meetings and activities with business, community and government institutions. As directed, prepares and assembles agenda, packets and other pre-meeting materials and takes and distributes minutes.
- Provides support to committees/councils and special projects. May provide leadership and management for special assignments assigned by supervising executive.
- Monitors departmental budget and maintains records and files for budget data. Prepares monthly updates and reports for department budgets. Serves as site budget preparation liaison and liaison with the Office of Finance and Business Services during the annual budget preparation process.
- Reviews unit support staff operations and develops methods and procedures to improve services and workflow.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible experience, which includes office management, budget management (analysis and monitoring)
- TECHNICAL SKILLS AS DEFINED BY MANAGER
- Strong organizational, time management, follow-up, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Web based content management and authoring experience for online newsletter design, creation and management
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Results drive, a self-started, and a team-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience providing administrative support at an executive level
20 hours per week within the standard hours of business operation which are 8:30AM – 5PM Monday through Friday
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
Cuyahoga Community College - 19 months ago