Dallas Nursing Institute (DNI) is a nonprofit institution rooted in the belief that all students deserve quality instruction and guidance as they begin their quest for a professional nursing career. The instructors are highly-qualified and dedicated to making your educational experience a positive one. Through their expert guidance and care, you will be provided with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the nursing profession. Built on values of openness, cultural sensitivity, and service, DNI’s associate degree and vocational nursing programs utilize the latest technology and state of the industry equipment. In keeping with those values, every effort has been made to make these programs financially affordable to all who seek to attend. DNI curriculum is designed to be academically rigorous and relevant to current industry standards. The accelerated format allows graduates to go into their nursing field of choice equipped with hands-on experience and the expertise they need to succeed. We also provide continuous job placement support to all our graduates. Students who choose DNI are diverse and dynamic—eager to gain the education they desire to make a positive change in their lives and the communities around them. Are you one of them? Take that positive first step today and make a call that could get you on the right track to a life-changing career in the nursing profession.
Dallas Nursing Institute is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Department of Education. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing excellent customer service support and completing general administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment. He/she serves as the first point of contact for multiple departments and commonly works directly with students and visitors.
Primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting, directing, and maintaining solid relationships with students and visitors to the Education Department by handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism.
- Assisting students with ordering of textbooks, producing ID badges, and collecting required documents for graduation and termination procedures.
- Requesting, maintaining, and issuing access badges for both the building and parking garage.
- Creating graphic displays, announcements, and brochures as assigned.
- Providing research support for the Director of Education.
- Assisting with classroom technology troubleshooting in conjunction with the Help Desk.
- Performing administrative duties including answering phones, ordering and receiving supplies forthe campus, printing student handbooks, filing, updating student display monitors, preparing outgoing and sorting incoming mail, loading postage, and securing building access.
- Working with and providing back-up/coverage to the Assistant to the Director of Education.
- Handling other projects as assigned by the Director of Education.
- Positive, student-focused mindset including excellent customer and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership for projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a comfort level of communicating with students and all levels of faculty and staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook.
For more information about Dallas Nursing Institute visit www.dni.edu.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, associate-level coursework or higher preferred.
- One to three years of customer service-related work experience with a minimum of one year in a professional office environment required.
Dallas Nursing Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TCS Education System
- 14 months ago - save job