Welcome to the Family and Morale, Welfare & Recreation Activities at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. We proudly serve Military Members, Retirees, DOD Civilians and Family members in the surrounding area.
Our military mission is global. As a strategic sustaining base for America's Army the work we do is vital to the success of the goals and objectives of the nation's defense strategy. A list of the organizations who call Fort Belvoir home reads like a "Who's Who" of the Department of Defense. No other Army installation in the world can compare to Fort Belvoir and its singular mission to provide logistical, intelligence and administrative support to such a diverse mix of commands, activities and agencies. Fort Belvoir has changed in many ways over the past several years, but some things will always remain the same. As dedicated stewards of the environment, we will continue to work always to conserve the natural beauty of the land around us, and to preserve our standing as one of America's enduring installations. Belvoir will always mean "Beautiful To See."
Location: MWR Aquatics (Pools), Fort Belvoir, VA
NOTE: This is a Non-Appropriated Fund Regular Part-Time (RPT) position that includes NAF Benefits, with 20 guaranteed work hours per administrative week. Incumbents may be scheduled to work 20-39 hours per week. Pay will equal the hourly rate of pay times the actual amount of hours worked.
WHO MAY APPLY:
Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP)
Current and Former NAF Employees (CNE/FNE)
Current APF Employees (CAE)
Veterans Preference (OAV)
All Other Sources (OANV)
Direct Deposit is required
Social Security card is required
Actively participates in the management of the activity or organization by performing a wide variety of clerical and administrative support duties. Serves as the central point of contact for matters related to day-to-day operations. Applies knowledge of the organization, its functions and regulations to carryout a wide variety of administrative functions related to the organization and its mission (e.g., personnel, accounting, budget, purchasing, logistics and supply, transportation, security, etc). Exercises independent judgement. Composes operating procedures and sets internal priorities to generate improvements in administrative services. An extensive knowledge of rules, operations, and practices, and judgment in locating and selecting the most appropriate guidelines is required. Performs other duties related to office automation requiring a skill in general office machines, software, and the internet/intranet.
Work experience directly related to the duties described above.
Ability to type 40 words per minute.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Should be flexible and availalbe to work the hours from 05:00 am until 23:00 hours, available to work weekends and holidays.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
7. Should be able to take appropriate measures to preclude injury or render emergency assistance when needed.
8. Preferred are individuals who currently possess a Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor certification, as well as CPR.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Basic Qualifications, highly preferred are those individuals who possess Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor certifications as well as CPR and who are experienced working in an aquatics facility.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Non-appropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 10 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...