Fort Rucker, the Home of Army Aviation is situated in the heart of the Wiregrass. We offer something for everyone. Our goal is to improve our Soldiers quality of life during their stay at Fort Rucker. We are proud to serve the needs of the Fort Rucker community. Our staff is committed to providing outstanding customer service.
The administrative assistant is the backbone of organizational awareness at the golf course. This key position is responsible for maintaining employee records, collecting data for various reports, banking, daily activity report transactions and budgeting. This position requires strong oral and written communication skills and upholding professional interpersonal relationships with all members of the facility and MWR organization.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Email address is required
Actively participates in the management of the activity or organization by performing a wide variety of clerical and administrative support duties. Serves as the central point of contact for matters related to day-to-day operations. Applies knowledge of the organization, its functions and regulations to carryout a wide variety of administrative functions related to the organization and its mission (e.g., personnel, accounting, budget, purchasing, logistics and supply, transportation, security, etc). Exercises independent judgment. Composes operating procedures and sets internal priorities to generate improvements in administrative services. An extensive knowledge of rules, operations, and practices, and judgment in locating and selecting the most appropriate guidelines is required. Performs other duties related to office automation requiring a skill in general office machines, software, and the internet/intranet.
Possess work experience performing a wide variety of clerical and administrative support duties providing you with extensive knowledge of rules, operations, and practices, and judgment in locating and selecting the most appropriate guidelines; Skill in general office machines, software, and the internet/intranet and ability to carry out a wide variety of administrative functions (e.g. personnel, logistics, supply, accounting, budget, transportation and purchasing).
Ability to type 40 words per minute.
Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Experience with RecTrac or GolfTrac.
Experience completing Daily Activity Reports or with NAF Accounting and preparing bank deposits.
*Applicants that meet the Minimum Qualifications, Typing Requirement, Availability and Best Qualified criteria will be referred first*
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Employees are required to attend Team Member Orientation within the first 30 days of employment.
7. Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
8. Must provide proof of citizenship with one of the following: a valid passport, Report of Birth Abroad, birth certificate or Certificate of Naturalization.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be rated on the following competencies:
* Clerical and Administrative Functions
* Technology Management
* Time Management
* Oral Communication
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
To determine if you are qualified for this position, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The questions are designed to capture the desired knowledge, skills and abilities for this position. The score you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience or capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process may be used to verify your stated level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...